Very informative presentation by Farmers Insurance Group’s Director of Social Media, Ryon Harms. Ryon shares how they help their agent engage on social media, insure compliance and measuring social media ROI.
Ryon talks about how their Facebook engagement strategy is focused on their people instead of their product and gives examples of how their local agents are connecting daily with customers.
Take out from the presentation:
- Social media is about relationships, not product or services, relationships generate ROI
- The best social media ideas will probably come from the field
- Your employees are valuable resources in your social media programs, don’t cut them off social media, empower them
- Don’t write off social media as a business generator
- I regulated environments you need to have a system to monitor social media conversations, the same way you need to monitor websites and emails for compliance.