Poor customer service is costing American consumers 30.8 work hours which translate into $108 billions a year in missed work time and productivity
Poor customer service costs a lot more to businesses and brands when you take into account that 35% cancelled their service or stopped using the brand or business and factor in a customer’s long term value (LTV), lost referrals or worse, since 13% have taken to social media
What frustrated them the most?
- 44% waiting for a service rep
- 43% being put on hold
- 38% feeling that service representatives didn’t know how to fix problems.
- 35% service rep did not understand their problems
- 32% having to call back because the problem wasn’t fixed
- 21% billing issues
- 12% trying to schedule an appointment
“These service frustrations are significantly impacting service businesses today because consumers are becoming more and more likely to demand not just a great price but a great service experience,” Timms said. “Companies that offer the best experience in all parts of the service process will be the ones that retain their customers, grow, and succeed.”